Posted Tuesday, July 29, 2014
Last Active: Saturday, December 30, 2017
The strategy is unique because it manages positions by time instead of some market conditions.
- American (set by default).
In addition the strategy operates with one standard and one custom indicator:
- Moving Average (Weighted, 5, Close);
- Magic Trend.
The strategy opens positions if all of the following conditions are met:
- Current session corresponds to the selected parameter (American session is set by default);
- At the beginning of the selected session it checks the Moving Average value of the last closed candle and remembers this value as a trading level:
- If the Moving Average crosses trading level from below then it is a signal to open a buy position
- If the Moving Average crosses trading level from above then it is a signal to open a sell position
Risk management is represented by the following configurable parameters:
- Number of positions that can be opened by the strategy simultaneously is regulated by the parameter «Maximum number of opened position» (default = 2 ).
- Stop and Limit orders on open positions.
- There are two alternative ways of closing positions:
- The «Close Positions By Session Ending» setting allows closing position when the working session is closed (enabled by default);
- The «Close Positions By Opposite Signal» setting allows closing an open position when a new signal in the opposite direction is generated (enabled by default).
Trailing Stop - an optional feature that allows you to reduce the risks (enabled by default).
: This strategy uses free custom indicators that can be downloaded by the links below:
It is recommended that you run the strategy on American session, EURUSD with 1h timeframe.
-ACTFX© Forum Administrator
Tuesday, July 29, 2014 by