Is it possible to set Limit or Stop order of half amount???

Posted By llumpy84 Wednesday, June 25, 2014
Add to Favorites0
llumpy84
 Posted Wednesday, June 25, 2014
Supreme Being

Supreme Being - (240 reputation)Supreme Being - (240 reputation)Supreme Being - (240 reputation)Supreme Being - (240 reputation)Supreme Being - (240 reputation)Supreme Being - (240 reputation)Supreme Being - (240 reputation)Supreme Being - (240 reputation)Supreme Being - (240 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Thursday, July 24, 2014
hey guys,

i hop somebody can help me soon.
My problem is to set a Limit order of half amount.
I created a buy order (with object 'CreateOrder' and NullRate for Limit and Stop) in DAX30 with a amount of 10.
After the position is opend i want to set a LimitOrder at x% of half of amount (in this case 5).

With CreateStopLimitOrder() it is not possible to select the amount of a position!?
Why not?
How can I solve this problem? Is there any workaround?

Can somebody please send me a script example how to solve this problem??
It would be greate.

best regards
Admin
 Posted Wednesday, July 02, 2014
Administrator

Administrator - (116,953 reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Friday, June 02, 2017

Dear llumpy84,

Unfortunately ActTrader does not support partial closing of positions by Stop or Limit order.

In the current version of the platform the Stop or Limit orders can be set only for full position amount.

Instead of stop and limit in current situation we suggest creating your own custom function that will manage opened positions and close a part of them instead of stop or limit. Based on close position function – you will be able to select the number of lots you need to close according to your strategy logic.

Best regards

-ACTFX© Forum Administrator
Wednesday, July 02, 2014 by Admin