Help in Choosing the most convenient Trading Platform

Posted By Knightrader Wednesday, July 13, 2011
Add to Favorites0
Knightrader
 Posted Wednesday, July 13, 2011
Supreme Being

Supreme Being - (700 reputation)Supreme Being - (700 reputation)Supreme Being - (700 reputation)Supreme Being - (700 reputation)Supreme Being - (700 reputation)Supreme Being - (700 reputation)Supreme Being - (700 reputation)Supreme Being - (700 reputation)Supreme Being - (700 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Saturday, July 16, 2011
Hi all,

Based on your experience with using different trading platforms, would you please pinpoint the strengths and weaknesses of Actfx trading platform? Is it better than Metatrader for example?Unsure

eMoe
Supreme Being

Supreme Being - (35,114 reputation)Supreme Being - (35,114 reputation)Supreme Being - (35,114 reputation)Supreme Being - (35,114 reputation)Supreme Being - (35,114 reputation)Supreme Being - (35,114 reputation)Supreme Being - (35,114 reputation)Supreme Being - (35,114 reputation)Supreme Being - (35,114 reputation)

Last Active: Tuesday, July 09, 2013
Hi, Knightrader!

As for me ActTrader is better than Metatreder. Metatreder interface is not for me. Metatreder has some features what could be useful to have in ActTrader but they are not critical. As for algorithmic trading, ActFX is clearer than MQL. It is based on the language similar to Delphi (that I liked for many years). So I choose ActTrader.

Best regards!
Knightrader
Supreme Being

Supreme Being - (700 reputation)Supreme Being - (700 reputation)Supreme Being - (700 reputation)Supreme Being - (700 reputation)Supreme Being - (700 reputation)Supreme Being - (700 reputation)Supreme Being - (700 reputation)Supreme Being - (700 reputation)Supreme Being - (700 reputation)

Last Active: Saturday, July 16, 2011
Thanks eMoe,

I did notice initially that the ActFX is more user-friendly than the meta trader, but it seems that the meta trader is more powerful when it comes to charting and indicators.

black
 Posted Wednesday, July 20, 2011
Supreme Being

Supreme Being - (86,629 reputation)Supreme Being - (86,629 reputation)Supreme Being - (86,629 reputation)Supreme Being - (86,629 reputation)Supreme Being - (86,629 reputation)Supreme Being - (86,629 reputation)Supreme Being - (86,629 reputation)Supreme Being - (86,629 reputation)Supreme Being - (86,629 reputation)

Last Active: Sunday, July 13, 2014
Actually, ActTrader is much more capable than one would expect. Their last update was more than 5 megabytes. That's a lot of programming.

Here is one of the things that few Trader/programmers know about. You can actually make your Indicator do the trading in a Strategy. Here is what I mean.

If you go to the Code Library (http://www.actfx.com/Downloads.aspx), in the left navigation, the "Scripts for System Indicators" link will give you many examples of how to create custom Indicators. Or you could use one of the indicators listed there rather than creating a new one.

Next, go to the ActTrader Manual, to http://help.sysfx.com/documents/traders_manual/4.3/en_US/index.html?indicator_usage.htm. Scroll to the near-bottom of the page... to "Custom Indicators in the Strategies." Study this information that will show you how to create a Strategy that will use an Indicator to do the actual trading.

Why do this? You can create your own custom Indicators - there are hundreds of them, and thousands of others just waiting for you to create them - and then link them to your Strategy, and let them direct your Strategy trading operation.

If you do this, you will be able to watch your custom Indicator as it is doing the trading for you... both in testing in the Tester, and Live.

Smile