Connection problem

Posted By Lilleljung Monday, March 21, 2011
Add to Favorites0
Lilleljung
 Posted Monday, March 21, 2011
Supreme Being

Supreme Being - (3,702 reputation)Supreme Being - (3,702 reputation)Supreme Being - (3,702 reputation)Supreme Being - (3,702 reputation)Supreme Being - (3,702 reputation)Supreme Being - (3,702 reputation)Supreme Being - (3,702 reputation)Supreme Being - (3,702 reputation)Supreme Being - (3,702 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Thursday, February 02, 2012
Hi.

Big problem... Sometimes I loose connection for a few seconds, but when this happens, the program dont reconnect and the charts (and strategies) hangs.

Is it a bug or is it intended to do so?

If it´s a bug, when do you think it will be fixed?

If it´s no bug, I´m sorry to say that I just can´t take the risk to use ActFX, even if I really like the layout.

//-----------------------------------------------------

// Sorry for the programming dialect. Migrating from VB...

black
Supreme Being

Supreme Being - (90,673 reputation)Supreme Being - (90,673 reputation)Supreme Being - (90,673 reputation)Supreme Being - (90,673 reputation)Supreme Being - (90,673 reputation)Supreme Being - (90,673 reputation)Supreme Being - (90,673 reputation)Supreme Being - (90,673 reputation)Supreme Being - (90,673 reputation)

Last Active: Sunday, July 13, 2014
I have noticed a problem when I use some of the Code Library Indicator scripts in the charts. If it is a complicated indicator, often one that uses things like: "simple, smoothed, exponential, weighted, high, low, open, close, median, and typical" in the settings, I find that the platform partially disconnects. I can still get new readings if I ask for them directly, and the chart still shows the tick by tick changes, but the whole platform seems to slow way down. It runs with jerky movements, especially if I am running a Strategy in the Tester at the same time that I am using one of these Indicators in a chart. At the bottom right of the screen, the word "Online" toggles back and forth between "Online" and "No Prices." Most of the time I cannot use a Code Library Indicator at the same time I am running a Strategy in the Tester.

Smile
Lilleljung
Supreme Being

Supreme Being - (3,702 reputation)Supreme Being - (3,702 reputation)Supreme Being - (3,702 reputation)Supreme Being - (3,702 reputation)Supreme Being - (3,702 reputation)Supreme Being - (3,702 reputation)Supreme Being - (3,702 reputation)Supreme Being - (3,702 reputation)Supreme Being - (3,702 reputation)

Thanks for the answer.

I will really try to get around the problem, because I just dont want to use any other platform.

But it´s a problem if it disconnects, dont get online and i´m broke when i´m coming back :-)

My client just hangs the prices, and then I have to restart the whole program. I will try it on another machine and see if it helps.

Admin
 Posted Monday, March 28, 2011
Administrator

Administrator - (116,775 reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Friday, June 02, 2017
Dear Lilleljung

We have been updated our platform this weekend. Do you still have this problem?

Please let us know.

Best regards

-ACTFX© Forum Administrator
Lilleljung
 Posted Sunday, April 03, 2011
Supreme Being

Hi and thanks for the update.

This week, everything have worked perfectly. Tried myself to disconnect internet, but the program continued.

Perfect.